Every Home Insurance Concern That’s Not a Concern

Besides the five basic coverage of typical home insurance, there are many essential facts related to it. There are other kinds of coverage you may or may not know about. Although it is slightly difficult to always clearly understand what a policy covers, most home insurance concerns are usually about things the insurance covers. Below are some home insurance concerns you shouldn’t worry about. Read on to find out more!

Personal Liability Coverage

Typically, as a policyholder, one of your home insurance concerns is visitors getting injured on your property. Whether it is intentional or not, there is still a chance of a lawsuit as far as it occurred on your property. Consequently, you need liability coverage, and fortunately, your home insurance already has it. You just need to have enough coverage for it. So, if you or your kids are liable for an accident, your insurance will cover the cost.

Storm Damage

Home insurance covers damage to your home caused by unforeseen circumstances; a storm is also considered an unforeseen circumstance. It includes wind and hail, causing roof leaks. If storm damage is another home insurance concern, the good news is that your insurance covers such damage. Although, not all unforeseen damages are covered, like an earthquake. However, thunderstorms and wind damage are covered. However, you should ensure that you have enough coverage and pictures/inventory of your home and belongings. It will come in handy when accessing the damage.

Fire Damage Coverage

Unlike other claims, the claim of fire damage is not frequent. However, it is still a home insurance concern. A fire damage claim is an expensive claim, and most policyholders worry about this damage. Nonetheless, it is included in their policy, and they just need to have enough coverage for it. Otherwise, they will pay for most of the damage out of pocket. It is ideal to have pictures and keep a record of your belonging to know what needs to be replaced.

Coverage for Flooding

Those living in areas susceptible to flood have concern for flood damage because most insurance does not cover it. As a homeowner, it is ideal to know if your insurance will/can protect your home from flood-related damages.

Your home insurance flood coverage covers damages such as sump-pump overflow, burst water pipe due to plumbing malfunction, etc. However, flooding caused by weather is not covered by typical home insurance. If your home insurance concern is in that regard, you need a floaters policy for it.


Another home insurance concern is vandalism. It ranges from kids egging the house, broken glasses, breaking in, and other acts of malice. Home insurance covers vandalism as well as theft if the coverage for personal property is enough. Nevertheless, depending on your policy, you can decide to increase or reduce your coverage based on your property’s worth. However, be sure to have enough coverage to cover the damage.

In a nutshell, your insurance shouldn’t be taken as a joke. Every coverage counts. If you have any home insurance concerns, you should contact your insurance company to review your policy immediately.

At the J. Archer Insurance Group, we are committed and always ready to help you. Our team of experts is available to guide you. Contact us to get a free quote online today!

Contact Us Tap To Call