Does Insurance Cover Business Property Loss from Civil Unrest, Riots, and Vandalism?

During this global pandemic and civil unrest, communities across the nation are experiencing tremendous pain and loss due to social injustice and police brutality. Small businesses are also feeling lost in terms of how they will begin rebuilding after property losses due to riots, vandalism, and civil commotion.

We’d like to reassure those that have business property insurance in place that, more than likely, your policy should cover these losses subject to the limits on the policy. Additionally, they can also provide coverage for extra expenses and income losses.

Report the Property Loss

You should immediately report losses to your property insurer or insurance broker. When it is safe to do so, your insurer/adjuster will arrive to survey the damage. From building and business property damage to stolen merchandise, your property coverage should replace or provide actual cash value for the losses your business sustained.

Business Interruption, Extra Expense & Civil Authority Coverage

Property insurance policies often include business interruption and extra expense coverage that provide for loss of income and other extra business expenses incurred to get the business up and running again. In addition to property loss, the civil authority may also prevent the re-opening of your business. Refer to your policy to review its specific terms.

At a time when our country is mourning the loss of innocent lives and is so confused about how to manage that pain and anger, rest assured that we will get through this together. We pray that our country, our communities, and small businesses rise from this time, stronger and more united. should you have questions or need assistance placing business insurance coverage in Houston, TX or beyond, contact the experts at J. Archer Insurance Group today.

Contact Us Tap To Call